Where to get delicious food on Maui at an affordable prices? Find some of the best Foodtrucks on Maui! There are many great foodtrucks on Maui. I will share 3 of my favorites, then will continue to share the locations of their “stations” where you can find clusters of them. Three of my Favorites Foodtrucks:
1. Maui Fresh Streatery @mauistreatery Owned and operated by Chef Kyle Kawikami, this foodtruck is among locals favorites, and is sought after the visitors too. Kyle Kawikami was a professor at UHMC and taught there for about 10 years. Kyle pursued his passion and in 2013 opened Maui Fresh Streatery. This foodtruck is known for delicious food as well as community service. Kyle has helped serve hundreds of seniors during pandemic through food distribution projects. Maui Strategy is found every Friday at the Ultimate Air Parking lot Kahului. Follow him on Instagram at @mauifreshstreatery for other locations because that is where he announces his schedule.
2. Gestes Shrimp – Gestes is one of the pioneers of foodtrucks on Maui, thus I refer to it as the “grandfather of foodtrucks on Maui”. It is famous for its shrimps (as the name implies). Formerly located at the harbor, it has now found its “home” at the Plate Lunch Market, which is the cluster of food trucks across the road from Costco Gas Station in Kahului (More about this place later on the article). Gestes Shrimp plate currently costs $15 which comes with 12 pieces of shrimps, 2 scoops of rice and a crabmac. Salad. There are various options on how the shrimp is cooked such as Hawaiian Scampi, Hot and Spicy, Spicy Pineapple, and Lemon & Pepper. Take note that they only accept cash. Follow them on Instagram at @gestesshrimptruck
3. Vidad’s Local Kine Grindz – Vidad’s used to have a restaurant in the Queen Ka’ahumanu Shopping Center but have since decided to simplify to only a food truck. Locals still flock to this place for classic Filipino dishes like pancit, lumpia, and adobo fried rice. Since I am Filipino and I love Filipino food, this is on top 3 of my list. My go to for Pancit and Halo-Halo. Their menu offers a variety of local food, not just Filipino food but also other Island Style grinds such as Teriyakii, Chicken Katsu, Kalbi Ribs and Kimchi.
Foodtrucks on Maui Locations:
1. Plate Lunch Market – This is foodtruck clusters across the road from Costco Gas Station. This is the most popular foodtruck station not only because it is close to the airport, but because they have some of the best and most popular foodtrucks on Maui. Here you will find the following foodtrucks: Thai Me Up – ,Ono Teppanyaki & Seafood, Like Poke, Tacos Maui 8 Wonder, MoOno Acai Bowl, Kalei’s Lunch Box, and the recent addition is Aunty Sandy’s Banana Bread (yes the famous banana bread at Keanae on the road to Hana is now available in Kahului!)
2. Kahului Food Pod Near Marriott Courtyard – This is the second Foodtruck park across from Costco, near Marriott Courtyard. Many of the foodtrucks here were from the former Kahului Food Pod in Dairy Road which became popular in 2020 but suddenly had to close. Kahului Food Pod is not official name but calling that here for reference. Some of the popular foodtrucks are: Kraken Coffee, Sparky’s Food Company, Da Nani Pirate, Tsunami Burger, Aloha Thai Fusion, Kahiau’s Poke Truck and Aloha Eats (vegan).
3. Kihei FoodTruck Park – This is closest to where I live so I often visit here. Located at Piikea Avenue, right behind the Azeka Shopping Center parking lot. This is a well-designed food truck park. The trucks and trailers are in a semi-circle around covered and lighted picnic tables. Here you can find: Kraken Coffee (and you can do a drive thru for coffee), Vidads Local Grindz, WingKing, Tsunami Burgers, Da Nani Pirates and Kitoko (new foodtruck).
4. Lahaina Food Truck Park at 741 Wainee Street – Waine’e Street is one street back from Front Street in Lahaina, and that is where you will find the 741 Waine’e Street Food Truck Park in a parking lot. It is easy to miss. I look for the white with red lettering “$5 Per Day” parking sign to make the turn. The parking lot slash food truck park is across from the Maria Lanakila Catholic Church (across from their cemetery). Here you will find Kusina ni Jayboy, Baya Bowl, Koko Grindz, TaquerEata and Tacos Y Mariscos Las Islitas.
5. Ka’anapali Food Truck Courtyard, also known as the Honoapiilani Foodtruck Park – The Ka’anapali Food Truck Courtyard is located on Lower Honoapiilani Highway on the border of Kaanapali and Honokawai. It’s situated across the street from a strip mall that houses a Times Supermarket, Java Jazz coffee shop, snorkel rental shops, and an array of convenience stores. A number of resorts are within walking distance, such as The Honua Kai Resort, The Mahana, and The Kaanapali Beach Club. A couple of the trucks are open at 11am, but the courtyard doesn’t truly come alive until about 5:30pm. The courtyard closes at 9pm, and is generally open Monday-Saturday. Foodtrucks here are: Liquid, El Taco Borracjo, Thai Food by Suri, Hooked, Paniolo BBQ, Ba Gul Ba Gul, Da Food Anchor and Sparky’s. 6.
6. Miscellaneous Locations. Some of the foodtrucks have their own location apart from the “parks” or “clusters” I mentioned. Here is a quick round up of some of the famous ones, google the name for exact loaction: The Edge (Lahaina), South Maui Food Company, (Kihei) Outrigger Pizza (Kihei), Kinaole Foodtruck (Kihei), Bully’sBurger (Kula), Sumo Dogs Maui (Kahului), Maui Cookie Lab (yes cookie foodtruck!),