1. The R2H Bundle. If you don’t want the bundle, you can purchase the shirt separately. I own one, and love it. I love the simple design the color and the softness of the material. Not to mention, I love what it represents: the Road To Hana, a special place I love. OK, way too much “love” in this paragraph. But what can I say, I really do love Hana. I recommend the shirt to those who had been to Hana and loved it too. I recommend the CD to those who are planning to visit Hana. But it’s all up to you. Go to the R2H store for choices.
2. Tag-A-Towel. The perfect stocking stuffer but can also be a standalone gift. I always smile whenever I read their tag-line “keep your cooties to yourself”. I agree, no sharing of cooties allowed. The lady behind this great idea is my bloggy friend Sarah who is popularly known as The Ohana Mama.
3. Maka Ike Maui Art by Shane Robinson. Shane’s art is contemporary fine art photograpy at its best! It’s affordable modern art for creatives and collectors, for residential and business. The blend of colors in Shane’s arts is truly gorgeous – and Ginger is my all time favorite. Check out their newsletter for the Tip: Artwork on Your iPhone + Cyber Monday 30% Off
4. Living Aloha Creations. My favorite is the Maui Beach in a Bottle. Oh, what a cute thing to give to family and friends who love Maui. The first time I saw that pendant I fell in love with it right away. I can think of so many friends who would love to received this. Angie (the artist) and I have not yet met in person but we share 3 common loves that make us close to each other we love blogging, twitter and Jesus. Visit her Etsy store – she also has other arts and crafts you can choose from aside from this Maui Beach In a bottle.
5. Marilyn Jansen’s Hand Painted Shirts and Books – I own several shirts designed by Marilyn, and I always get a compliment whenever I wear them. I love her water color paintings! Marilyn is very creative – the shirts that she paints are always painted with love. She not only paints, she also writes some books which you can give as a gift as well. And aside from being an author and an artist, she is also an avid gardener and a tour director for Maui Country Farms.
6. Happy Honu, Tiki Tales, Java Lavalava and other creations by Judi Rylie.Judi is one of the most talented and versatile person I know. She also has a great sense of humor. She is very creative and it shows in her work.
7. Paradise Garden Soaps and Gifts – Beautiful Tropical scented glycerin soaps and soy wax candles. My friend’s mom owns it. Each product is created with love.
8. Maui Thing – Hip and Popular wear on Maui. Maui Thing gives back to the community through music, art and events. Clean lined, modern, graphic designs on super soft Ts for man, woman and keiki are the perfect addition to any closet.
1. Go to @spektakula’s blog and she has some last minute suggestions.
2. Tania @mauishopgirl has several blog posts of Maui Local Gift Suggestions.
<3 thanks Liza <3 as always for sharing the Maui love. Sadly, I do not have an XXL flat screen for you or a blue Wii. Would you take a bucketful of Aloha instead?
I love the beach in a bottle necklace. What great gift ideas and a good way to shop local! Happy holidays, Liza!
Mahalo! Thanks for the recommended list.
Liza, thank you for mentioning me. You’re always so thoughtful to do that. I need more JavaLavaLavas and have to get my Tag-a-Towels too! Not to mention my R2H C 🙂
Thanks for the tips Liza. I hope you had a wonderful away from the computer time with the family!
I just saw this!! Thank you so much for sharing Tag a Towel Liza! Great list of local goods! Mahalo and Happy Holidays!